Friday, October 12, 2007

Life in the US

Life in the US - welcome to the life of Independence

The weather seems to be changing. The color/colour of leaves is changing. Certain things are getting Nasty, certain things like the leafs are getting pretty. The cycle of life goes on!!!

Some old friends came with the change in weather .This year they decided to hang with me. How cool is that - Not!!! I have been miserable with their stay with me since the past 3 days and it’s getting worse. I went to see a General physician so he can drive COLD, CAUGH, FEVER, Allergies away.

@ the docs office - Filled up some paper work which essentially included Personal details, where the hell we live, History of diseases etc. There is one requirement and I ignored it on the first page. Filled out the questioner and last page is where I had to sign for the release of info and willingness for blah blah ... there comes again the item that I ignored on page one.
Emergency Contact:
I don’t know ....whose name I can give. There is no one who cares to come help me in case of a ********* emergency.

My family being some thousands of miles away. No one around to see or care here. I am not sure if there is a good enough reason for why so many Millions of people leave their family / parents/ relatives thousands of miles away and made America their home.

Yes, it’s safe, secure, lots to accomplish studies wise, tons to accomplish career wise, loads to pile up monetary wise. But still they don’t seem to be a good enough reason for me. The life of Independence - this is a great reason for most of the women including me. We are so independent don’t have to depend on anyone. Even while being sick you have to drag your behind to do the stuff that you do ...as the cycle of life doesn’t seem to stop or slow down.

What happens next is History.

Welcome to the life of Independence @ America.

Now I sit back and watch the big apple wind down. Its beautiful and seems so quite.

No comments: