Thursday, October 11, 2007

@ the airport

I leave office on Thursday to come back home in jersey. Everyone around me is so excited they are heading home so they can see their family or their loved ones. Can’t wait to spend the weekend with them. It’s all planned out. Do I understand that excitement? May be I understand it more than them cause I don’t have any such excitement. Thursday or any other day it’s all the same for me. I leave home to go to work same feeling. I leave VA to head to jersey it’s the same feeling.

I head to the airport, to the gate and find me a quite seat I am trying to read my magazine or listen to my ipod. My quite corner is disturbed with phones ringing or with peoples chatter…giving up date to their loved ones or those on the other side waiting for them to arrive. This update is up to the last second the news about the flight delay, the weather at the destination, air traffic control the list goes on and on.

Now we are boarded, it’s time to switch the cell phones off. Come on …people around me still have updates and love to send. We already had enough delay please don’t cause anymore delay. Flight attendant takes this final round so we can takeoff from the jet way. Sir / mam you have to switch the phone off and set it away.

We land at our destination...The second the wheels touch the ground the cell phones are switched on. It’s like you almost go deaf with all the welcome turn on noises of the cell phone. Ah …now that wakes me up …I guess we landed …people can’t wait to run out of that aircraft and meet their you know who!

Does all this make me feel miserable or what? Nothing bothers me more than this. Seems like there is so much effection in this world. Yet I am so lonely and always trying to find the shadow of love so at least I can follow that.
Sincerely,
Sucharitha.

No comments: