Thursday, November 16, 2006

Where Am I ? 16-Nov-2006

Iam in India today. Visiting Hyderabad.

Am I amazed ? Yes , Ofcourse ...I thought for a few minutes if I can prioritize what amazes me the most. " Okati Minchindi Marokati"..." Ek se Badkar Ek" "One Superseding the other"

Let me list a few ...

Love and Effection of parents,friends and relatives.
Bad Traffic ...(Could I have used just Traffic ...No ) Bad Traffic is infact the right word.
Pollution
Construction. – Is that really needed …where is it needed? Where it is not needed? What are the effects of that in the city now?
Parking
Money – Where are all these people getting the money they are getting from?
Do people have respect for each other?

How do I feel so far ?

I feel bad, Depressed , Aggrevated and helpless looking at the city . Are people happy and proud that we have so much infrastructure , so many companies to work for , So many malls and shopping complexes or is there anyone who is feeling as bad as I do?

What can I do to help this situation ?

I feel today's children and young generation is playing a major role in how the society is changing so fast as they are able to adapt to pretty much everything very easily. They have a say in everything, they are even raising their voice against elders. There is an old saying that "Today’s children must become tomorrow’s responsible citizens " The attitudes they develop will shape the quality of life for all of us.

I was driving from begumpet to my house . Seeing the bad driving of the people ...people walking ...some people cutting in front of me, bikers just squeezing through ...people walking in the middle of the road , people with bicycles crossing streets and a lot of other things ...i kept repeating people here dont have Civic responsibility...people here dont have Civic responsibility...people here dont have Civic responsibility...people here dont have Civic responsibility...people here dont hear horns so why are they blowing horn.

What could we teach our younger generation that could bring an influence on the society and improve our living conditions and standards here in hyderabad?

its almost 10:30 pm I will write tomorrow ...I will fall asleep in agony and frustration.

Good Night ...Chio

No comments: